How To Fix A Leaking Toilet Cistern With Dual Push Buttons – Are you having a leaky toilet cistern with dual push buttons? Well, this plumbing issue may seem simple but can soon become a nightmare. Just imagine the water bills that could pile up if you leave it unchecked? Also, keep in mind that you are wasting water and damaging the structural foundation of your house. The best solution is to repair it as fast as possible.
There are some DIY tips that you can use to make the essential repairs. But, for that, you must collect the necessary tools. Also, you must follow the instructions rigidly. Now, are you excited to know how to fix a leaking toilet cistern with dual push buttons?
Steps To Fix The Leaky Toilet Cistern With Dual Push Buttons
Fixing a leaking toilet cistern is a DIY project that you can complete with relative ease. However, if the issue persists, you must get the assistance of experts. If you are interested in knowing how to fix a leaking toilet cistern with dual push buttons, read the steps listed below.
- Firstly, you need to turn off the water supply. You can, either switch off the isolation valve, or you can simply go to the mains. If you want to avoid a flood, make sure that you do not forget this!
- Next, you need to remove the lid of the cistern. After that, you must detach the refill tube.
- Now, you have to unfasten the old push button. For this, you might need the screwdriver.
- Clean the hole so that you can easily put in the replacement button.
- The next step involves flushing the toilet. It is to ensure that there is no water before you start work.
Now, you must remove the toilet cistern. Use a screwdriver to unfasten the screws that attach the tank to the adjoining wall. It is a vital step in – how to fix a leaking toilet cistern with dual push buttons.
- You must now look out for the gasket. Then, you will have to remove it.
- Check whether the washer is damaged. If it is in prime condition, you can re-use it. But, if it is worn, then you can replace it with a new one.
- Now, pull off the flush valve. Put in the new valve and re-attach the gasket again.
- After that, you must reassemble the toilet cistern.
- Then, you must check out the newly fitted flush valve. Follow the instruction manual and fill up the valve. You must do this if you want to know how to fix a leaking toilet cistern with dual push buttons perfectly.
Now, if the flush button is causing issues, you can fit in a new one with ease. All you have to do is take out the nut and put in the new button. After that, you must screw the nut tight.
The last step involves turning on the water supply. After that, you must check if the issue is resolved. If the problem remains, it is time to get help from the experts.
Having Difficulty Repairing The Leaky Toilet Cistern? Call Us Now!
Before you start the repair, make sure that you diagnose the cause. It is vital as it will aid you in making the correct fixes. Knowing how to fix a leaking toilet cistern with dual push buttons comes in handy. However, if you are unable to make the necessary repair, then taking the help of professionals is the best decision.
Mobile Plumber Sydney provides several types of plumbing services. We have a team of skilled plumbers that have the experience required to handle different plumbing issues. They also have knowledge of various brands and types. You can place your trust in our services. We charge cost-effective rates and are available at all times. Give us a call, and we will handle your leaking toilet cistern right away!